Hit and Run Accidents

Personal Injury Lawyers for Clients Injured in Hit and Run Accidents in Toronto

Sometimes those at fault for a motor vehicle accident fail to remain at the scene, leaving you without any information about the person or people who caused your injury and/or loss. Following a hit and run accident, you may have the following questions and concerns:

  • Who, if anyone, can I sue?
  • Do I have coverage for the injuries I’ve sustained? Is my family covered?
  • Who will pay for my treatment and help me with personal care?
  • How do I get my insurer to pay me the benefits to which I’m entitled?

Hit and Run Injuries

A hit and run accident can have a devastating impact on you and your family. You may have sustained injuries that prevent you from working, completing housekeeping tasks, or performing personal care. You may need medical treatment, and it can be overwhelming just trying to recover. There is compensation available for you, but the law in Ontario for compensating accident victims is complex and time-sensitive.

Bringing a Claim Against Your Own Insurer or the Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Fund

You may believe you have no one to sue following a hit and run accident since you don’t have any information about the at-fault party or his/her insurer. Fortunately, that may not be the case. You may be able to sue your own insurance company for your injuries and losses. In Ontario, every insurance policy includes coverage for unidentified motorist claims.

In addition to helping you obtain the accident benefits to which you are entitled, the personal injury lawyers at Derfel Injury Law can help you bring a claim against your insurance company as though it’s the third party when an unidentified motorist is at-fault. Even if you don’t have your own insurance, you may be able to get benefits and compensation for your injuries from the Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Fund (MVACF). This Fund has been set up by the Ontario government to help victims of motor vehicle accidents when no other insurance coverage is available.

We will ensure you get the maximum compensation to which you are entitled when we represent you in a claim against your insurer or the MVACF. Derfel Injury Law has the expertise, compassion, and creativity required to handle your unidentified motorist claim from beginning to end. We have over a decade of experience managing motor vehicle claims in Ontario and you can trust us to skillfully shepherd your claim through the system while you focus on your recovery.

For professional service and experienced advice with respect to Hit and Run Accidents, contact Derfel Injury Law

Contact Derfel Injury Law to meet the personal injury lawyers and professional legal team who will work tirelessly to achieve the best possible resolution to your hit and run accident claim. Call us at 416.847.3580 or contact us online to schedule a visit at our Toronto office.